Sunday, February 1, 2015

MY WIFE PICKS 'EM: FAVORITES OF 2014


My long-suffering wife, Praise the Movie Godz, has been willing to take cinematic trips with me that I’ve never thought she would have.  Movies have the chance to touch everyone who watches them, and sharing cinematic experiences with that special someone is something that I’ll always treasure.  I can’t thank her enough for tolerating my constant idiocy and my undying passion, and it fills me with joy to be able to share something I love so much with the most important person in my life.  Here’s her lineup of her Favorite Films from 2014.  I think it exhibits taste, class, and the opportunity to be surprised.  Out of over 50 movies we saw this year, these were her favorites:

Boyhood
America Sniper
The Immigrant
Birdman
Whiplash
Locke
Foxcatcher
Force Majeure
Begin Again
The Theory of Everything
Wetlands
Obvious Child
The Imitation Game
Snowpiercer
Gone Girl
A Most Violent Year
Chef
Under the Skin
Wild
Selma
Unbroken
Big Eyes
Nightcrawler
The One I Love
Borgman
The Lego Movie
Skeleton Twins
White Bird in a Blizzard
Bethlehem
Interstellar
Omar
Joe
Neighbors
Before I Disappear
Inherent Vice
The Signal

No comments: