Monday, June 2, 2008

SOME GROOVY NEW POSTERS



Christopher Nolan's THE DARK KNIGHT simply can't arrive in theaters soon enough. Every poster is beyond gorgeous, all of the trailers are completely ass-kicking, and the film is poised to become a massive critical and commerical success.


I think this poster is very cute and the trailers for WALL-E have been terrific. This is a film that was not on my radar at all and now I'm quite anxious to see it. I have heard that much of the film is silent; very curious to see it later this month (it opens 6/27). My favorite Pixar film, to date, has been THE INCREDIBLES. Last summer's RATATOUILLE was fantastic as well. This one looks pretty darn cool.



I'm a Hunter Thompson freak so anything having to do with the Good Dr. is worth my time. Last year's documentary BUY THE TICKET TAKE THE RIDE was excellent; I'm hearing that Alex Gibney's new doc GONZO: THE LIFE & WORK OF HUNTER S. THOMPSON is even better. It's a trippy poster, that's for sure. I still think that Terry Gilliam's masterpiece FEAR & LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS is one of the most misunderstood films of all-time.

No comments: