Wednesday, November 24, 2010

MOVIES FOR THE LONG WEEKEND

Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who reads this blog!  I'll be away Thurs-Sun so nothing major until next week.  I plan on seeing Love & Other Drugs next Tuesday when I return from vacation.  Saw and loved 127 Hours last night -- absolutely brilliant filmmaking courtesy of Danny Boyle (yet again) with an Oscar-worthy lead performance from James Franco; it's a tour de force for everyone involved.  I also watched the insightful documentary Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer -- very interesting stuff.

2 comments:

Joel said...

"127 Hours" was absolutely incredible. I think James Franco gave the bravest performance I've ever seen. In many ways the best film of the year.

Actionman said...

Aside from Enter the Void and Carlos, it's the best of the year for sure...sits at #3 for me. Powerful stuff.