Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ON DVD TODAY

Ridley Scott's supremely underrated and extremely entertaining Middle East thriller Body of Lies hits DVD today. I was a big fan of this kick-ass actioner when I saw it last October, and while it didn't light the box office on fire, I think it's yet another film that unfairly got shafted by audiences who aren't interested in seeing topical films that deal with our current war on terror. This is an intelligent (the screenplay is from The Departed scribe Bill Monahan), action-filled ride, directed with the customary style and rigor that one can expect from a Ridley Scott production. And it's got two beefy, A-list performances from DiCaprio and Crowe. This film will definitely find a second-life on DVD, which it truly deserves. I can't wait to check it out again.

Here's a link to my review that I wrote last year:

http://actionman-nickspix.blogspot.com/2008/10/review-body-of-lies-12.html

No comments: