Friday, September 17, 2010

MOVIES FOR THE WEEKEND

The Town. Saturday. 1st show. Big-time. Looks like an ass-kicker of an action flick.

Other openers include Devil (not my thing) and Easy-A (I'll check it out via Netflix or On Demand). Still curious about Going the Distance (another Netflix).

I just sent back My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done? to Netflix -- next to ship is either Afterschool or Me and Orson Welles.

I still need to see Machete. And I really want to catch Animal Kingdom.

Sunday night brings the premiere of Martin Scorsese and Terrence Winter's Boardwalk Empire on HBO. The trailers have been nothing short of sensational and every single review of the show that I have read has been 4 stars. Can't wait.

3 comments:

Joel said...

If I were not going to Missouri for my cousin's wedding shower, I'd totally see "The Town." Catch-up for next week, I suppose.

"Me and Orson Welles" is pretty good, not great, though it features some great performances.

Actionman said...

Me and Orson is in the queue.

Really enjoyed The Town. It wasn't Heat, but it wasn't trying to be, despite the Heat-esque trailers.

Joel said...

I didn't think it was "Heat" (no movie of that sort is), but I absolutely LOVED "The Town." One of my favorites of the year. Renner was incredible, the action was insane. Loved it to death.