Sunday, February 20, 2011

OUTRAGE

Most Depressing Movie Award goes to: Waiting for Superman. I knew our public school system was royally screwed up but I didn't realize it was THAT messed up. I am so glad I went to elementary/middle/high school when I did. I weep for our future. Idiocracy here we come! The film is an eye-opener and a kick to the groin, all at once. No Child Left Behind my ass! It's the most damning thing I've ever seen. Good luck to ANYONE who has to deal with getting their kid into a public school, especially in the big cities.  Waiting for Superman is scarier than anything that Eli Roth and Wes Craven could come up with for one major reason:  it's TRUE and REAL and it's NEVER going to get fixed.  The idea that right in our President's back-yard sits the nation's worst public school system -- it's fucking shameful.  Watching these kids and their parents sit back through these "lottery" sessions that determine if their child is going to go to a particular school -- it's horrifying.  Waiting for Superman leaves you in a funk, and for good reason -- the dumbing down of our nation is happening RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR EYES and nobody is doing anything about it.  I weep for our future.

No comments: