Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TODAY ON DVD


Lots of great films from 2008 hit DVD today. Milk, Happy-Go-Lucky, Rachel Getting Married, Synecdoche, NY, and Let the Right One In all drop. Happy, Rachel, Synecdoche, and Let the Right One In all made my top 10 from last year, with Let the Right One In being my favorite from the group. It's easily the best vampire movie I've ever seen. But it's not really a vampire movie. I can't wait to revisit Synecdoche, NY, which was one of the trippiest movies in recent memory. Reliving the rich and acute family dramatics on display in Rachel Getting Married should be rewarding. And watching Sally Hawkins' radiant performance in Happy-Go-Lucky will be something to cherish over and over again.

2 comments:

Actionman said...

Two more films that I must see. If only I had time.

da

Actionman said...

We will watch Let the Right One In together very soon. Picking it up tomorrow.