Friday, October 30, 2009

MOVIES FOR THE WEEKEND

Nothing in the theaters this week. I have no intentions of supporting a dead pedophile by paying to see This is It!

From Netflix I have the Woody Allen/Larry David team-up Whatever Works. And I also rented Raising Arizona, which inexplicably, I don't seem to own for some strange reason. My wife still hasn't seen a few key, early Coen entries, so we'll be doing some catch-up over the next few weeks.

I still need to finish up a new DVD round-up and my review for A Serious Man.

4 comments:

giggles said...

Blood Simple.

Actionman said...

I've seen it a few times. She hasn't. It's on the list. Along with Hudsucker, Barton, and Miller's.

Lemmy Caution said...

Skid Hudsucker. Millers may be their finest hour.

Enjoy Whatever Works.....it's light and breezy and fun. Larry is in fine form and a perfect fit for a Woody flick.

Joel said...

Speaking of the Coens, I revisited "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" just last night. I saw it when I was 12 and didn't get it, but watching it last night, when my newer, deeper appreciation for the Coens, I found it to be a perfect creation in literally every respect, much like, well, "Fargo" and "No Country for Old Men." When I do my upcoming Best Films of the Decade series, expect it to be on there. Now I need to see all of their other films.

Oh and goddamn it, "I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow" is one of the great musical moments in the movies. Stunning.