Friday, January 28, 2011

MOVIES FOR THE WEEKEND

The Way Back and The Company Men are both playing in my area; I'd like to see one of those this weekend.

From Netflix is Map of the Sounds of Tokyo; been wanting to see it for a while now.

Last night I watched All Good Things.  Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst tore it up; I don't remember Dunst being this good and it was nice to see her back on screen.  The film itself is a very unsettling, ripped-from-the-headlines mystery that is very troubling to say the least. Clever direction from Andrew Jarecki with a script that blends fact and conjecture possibly a bit more than it should have.  But overall, it was well done.

HD On-Demand options include The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, Red, and Animal Kingdom.

4 comments:

Joel said...

I just saw "The Rite." Sucked. Hopkins and the score aside, it's hokum all the way.

Seeing "The Mechanic" tonight and "Rabbit Hole" on Sunday or Monday. Also hoping to check out "The Way Back."

Actionman said...

I want to see The Mechanic but will likely wait for Blu Ray.

I know I will cry often with Rabbit Hole so I am thinking about waiting for Blu on that one.

The Rite looks like every single exorcist movie ever made.

Anxious to see The Way Back...

Joel said...

"The Mechanic" is quite good! Completely ludicrous, but in a fun, gritty, lurid, R-rated way. Very lean and mean. Liked it.

Actionman said...

Been hearing a lot of good stuff about The Mechanic. I might check it out on a matinee.