Sunday, July 25, 2010

COMIC-CON GOODIES

I went to San Diego's Comic-Con a few times when I lived out in Hell-A. This year's fest sounds quite juicy.

Daniel Craig in Cowboys & Aliens, from director Jon Favreau (Iron Man 1 & 2). Harrison Ford and Sam Rockwell also star in this old-West sci-fi mash-up. All I ask is that it's better than Wild, Wild, West.
Here they are -- The Avengers. Pretty damn cool to see all of them in one image. Downey Jr (Iron Man), Clark Gregg (S.H.I.E.L.D. agent), Scarjo (Black Widow), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Captain America), Sam Jackson (Nick Fury), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), and director Joss Whedon (what a GREAT choice). We'll have to wait until summer 2012 to see them all in action but I have a feeling it'll be worth the wait.

Sucker Punch. What a weird-sounding movie this is. From writer/director Zack Snyder (Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchmen), Sucker Punch is Snyder's first totally original creation. It sounds completely beserek (mental institutions, dragons, robots, WWI-trench warfare, Don Draper (I mean John Hamm), samurai swords, burlesque outfits...VERY curious about this project...

No comments: