Friday, April 22, 2011

MOVIES FOR THE WEEKEND

I'd like to see Water for Elephants but not sure if I'll have the time to see it this weekend.

Nothing at home from Netflix; sending Fish Tank back today after watching it last night -- holy shit what a punch to the gut that film was.  Bleak storytelling but forcefully acted and extremely well written by writer/director Andrea Arnold.  Michael Fassbender was slimy brilliance and first time lead actress Katie Jarvis was just exceptional.  It's a tough, gritty, dirty-feeling movie but well done in all respects.  The last 15 minutes or so were truly unpredictable and more than a little unnerving.

Yesterday was a HUGE day as I advanced purchased my tickets for next Saturday's anniversary screening of Top Gun.  I am so excited I could puke in my mouth.

2 comments:

Joel said...

I just saw "The Conspirator," which was completely meh. The courtroom scenes sparked with a life that others did not, it was a bit caramelized and dullish (Eastwood would've done worlds better with this material). It wasn't bad, just slight and solid and completely unremarkable.

Actionman said...

I will wait for the Blu Ray. Your comments echo everyone else.