Friday, April 29, 2011

MOVIES FOR THE WEEKEND

Higggggghhhhhwaaaaaay toooooooooo the daaaaaangerrrrrr zzzzooonnneeee!!

This Saturday marks a special occasion -- I will be seeing Tony Scott's legendary masterpiece Top Gun on the big screen for the first time ever.  My heart is racing.  My fists are clenched.  I'm sweating a tad.  I've got a change of shorts to bring with me to the theater...

Tonight I'm gonna catch the asinine looking Fast Five -- looks as good as as PG-13 actioner is gonna get.

From Netflix is the documentary Marwencol, which sounds very, very intense.

3 comments:

Joel said...

"Fast Five" is pretty much awesome.

"Prom" is only okay, but I remember both of my proms, and they weren't this fluffy and nice and pretty and harmless.

Actionman said...

The last action set-piece of Fast Five with the dragging of the bank vault was SERIOUSLY INCREDIBLE. Justin Lin got his Bay on -- big f'ing time. Amazing action cinematography, insane stunt work, visceral editing, and more manly showdowns than you can ever imagine. Totally stupid but totally entertaining and a great start to the summer movie season.

Actionman said...

And seeing Top Gun on the big screen basically amounted to a religious experience. UNREAL. They don't make 'em like that any more, that's for sure...