Thursday, December 27, 2007

BROADWAY

There's no place like New York City and there's nothing like seeing a show on Broadway...especially when it's a show as masterful as AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY.  My full review will appear soon for this terrific, dark, sad, and often hilarious family comedy from writer Tracy Letts (BUG).  The acting from everyone in the extremely talented cast was top-notch, and the themes explored by Letts pick at the emotional scabs of every character involved; it's riveting stuff.

Look out for my full review, and also my long-in-the-works review of the finest motion picture of 2007: THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY.


2 comments:

Breedlove said...

people are raving about this thing. supposed to be awesome. as i said over on elsewhere, 'the homecoming' was amazing. ian mcshane tore the stage apart.

Actionman said...

I love Ian McShane...it's very sad I only had one day in NYC otherwise I would have loved to have seen that show,