Monday, December 17, 2007

TRAILER: HANCOCK

UPDATED: Sony has pulled the trailer from the net for some inane reason...

Peter Berg's first super-budget summer movie. Starring Will Smith. Release date: JULY 2, 2008. And...it looks...pretty f'ing sweet. Berg, who directed this years THE KINGDOM and is exec-producer on the television show FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, is one of my favorite up and coming filmmakers. His movies have gotten progrssively better each time out (VERY BAD THINGS to THE RUNDOWN to FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS to THE KINGDOM) and here, it looks like he's fashioned a crazy, high-concept action-comedy that will make a mint next summer.

Here's the link: http://www.joblo.com/video/player.php?video=hancocktrailer

4 comments:

Breedlove said...

actionman, it's so funny that you started a blog, you have no idea. i always dig your comments over at elsewhere. i can tell we share very similar tastes. i swear, one day i was thinking it would be cool if you had a blog, and literally the very next day your name had a link attached to it. anyway enjoying the blog man.
--"Breedlove"

Actionman said...

Thanks Breedlove! It's tough because I have a day job but I love blogging. Glad you like my stuff and that we share similar movie interests! Keep reading!

Breedlove said...

yeah, i almost always agree with your comments. chinatown is in my all-time top 3. absolutely love 'miami vice' and thought it was the best film of the year. worship malick. loved 'jesse james' etc. etc. the only place you lose me a bit is 'transformers'!! although i'm tempted to check out bad boys 2 after your comments. never seen it. also was very psyched for 'diving bell' (incredible trailer) and am even more psyched now after you flipped for it. what do you do for work? aren't you an editor or something or am i thinking of some other commenter?

Actionman said...

I'm an assistant at a television production company.

Diving Bell is a masterwork--my full review should be up this week.

Jesse James is pure art-as-cinema; I can't wait to see it again and again and again...

If you like Bay at all, then certainly check out Bad Boys 2...it's the biggest "fuck-you-action movie" ever made. I love it. Bay ain't Malick, but he's great at what he does, hence my supreme love for what he did with Transformers. It's the best special effects movie ever made in my estimation.

And don't get me started on Miami Vice...it's incredible...the product of a genius (Mann)...and one of the most misunderstood films of the decade. Read A.O. Scott's review of the film in the New York Times...I read it once a year to remind myself of how some people did in fact understand that film.