Friday, November 16, 2007

NO GO FOR LANGDON

ANGELS & DEMONS, the prequel to THE DAVINCI CODE, has been put on hold due to the WGA strike. Apparently the script, by Akiva Goldsman, wasn't in good enough shape to put before cameras. No new start date has been announced, but Sony has already targeted a release date for 2009. The hope was that the film would get a Christmas release in 2008.

This is the first big Hollywood production to be affected by the writers strike and I am betting it won't be the last.

Personally, I wasn't all that impressed with THE DAVINCI CODE so the delay of the prequel doesn't mean much to me as a movie-goer. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it. It was far too serious and high-minded and the writing was extremely heavy handed; I wanted more of a fun vibe. I did not read the book, so I looked at it as a movie only, and I just found it to be kind of boring and visually flat (which is not what I expected from Ron Howard and his talented dp Salvatore Totino).

No comments: