Thursday, January 1, 2009

LOTS OF DVD'S

I spent New Years Eve watching DVDS. Five to be precise. I will have mini-review for all of 'em but here are the star ratings:

TOWELHEAD (****). The most underrated film of 2008.

AMERICAN TEEN (***1/2). Highly entertaining.

TRAITOR (***). A very solid political thriller with yet another first rate performance from Don Cheadle.

THE X-FILES: I WANT TO BELIEVE (**1/2). Something of a disappointment. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it, and I wanted to love it.

THE PROMOTION (**). A surprisingly weak effort from the writer of THE WEATHER MAN, a film I really enjoyed and find to be criminally underseen.

Up tonight is the foreign thriller JAR CITY, a film that I have read many great reviews for, and a film that I've noticed on a bunch of recent top 10 lists.

No comments: