Monday, October 29, 2007

EARLY BOX OFFICE TRACKING

VS


I've been reading that Ridley Scott's AMERICAN GANGSTER, which opens this weekend, is tracking extremely high, especially for an R-rated, 2.5 hour crime film. I've been hearing that a $40 million opening weekend could be on the horizon. That number seems awfully high to me, but anything is possible. The early reviews have been excellent, the tv spots are sharp and crackling, and the theatrical trailer has gotten a response from every audience I've seen it with.

I'm expecting BEE MOVIE, the Jerry Seinfeld animated movie to be tops over the weekend; kiddie movies like this always end up doing gangbuster opening weekend business, especially during the Saturday and Sunday matinees.





It will be interesting to see how this all goes down this weekend, but regardless, it will be a busy weekend at multiplexes.

No comments: